What is a Health Psychologist?
To find information on what is a Health Psychologist, please explore our interactive Psychological Professional Career Map.
The purpose of the Psychological Professions Network (PPN) South East Health Psychology Subnetwork is to join up anyone who is a Health Psychologist across the region to:
- Develop and implement an annual work plan that is consistent with the broader aims of the PPN SE and is signed off by the PPN SE Board
- Provide a forum where members can share their collective knowledge and skills on clinical, professional and workforce issues that are important to Health Psychology
- Have a joined up strategic voice for members at the PPN SE Board, where key stakeholders across the region are represented and the work of the PPN SE is steered
- Represent this stakeholder group and contribute to collaboratively shaping the work of the PPN SE and the delivery of NHS psychological healthcare;
- Contribute to any consultations that are relevant to the psychological professions and those aspiring to join psychological professions workforce.
This list is not exhaustive, as the network is evolving, developing and growing.
Who We Are
The Chair (s) of the Health Psychology Subnetwork are members of the PPN SE Board, and as such provides a strategic link between the Health Psychology professional group that the Subnetwork is formed around. See here for further information on the PPN SE Board.
The PPN SE Health Psychology Subnetwork is accountable to the Chairs of the Subnetwork, the Clinical Programme Manager and the PPN SE Board. See here for further information on the PPN SE Team.
Eligibility for membership of the PPN SE Health Psychology Subnetwork includes all Health Psychologists or Trainee Health Psychologists working in NHS commissioned healthcare, local authorities or the universities across the SE region. The subnetwork meets quarterly.